GSview is a graphical interface for Ghostscript, an interpreter for the PostScript page description language used by laser print
Version: 4.8GSview program is a graphical interface for Ghostscript, an interpreter for the PostScript page description language used by laser printers.
License: Artistic License
Operating System: Linux
For documents following the Adobe PostScript Document Structuring Conventions, it allows selected pages to be viewed or printed. GSview requires Ghostscript 7 or later.
Here are some key features of "GSview":
· Display and print PostScript and PDF files.
· View pages in arbitrary order (Next, Previous, Goto).
· Page size and Orientation are automatically selected from DSC comments or can be selected using the menu.
· Print selected pages using Ghostscript.
· Convert pages to bitmap, PDF or PostScript.
· Selectable display resolution, depth, alpha.
· Single button zoom.
· Extract selected pages to another file.
· Copy display bitmap to clipboard.
· Save clipboard bitmap as BMP file.
· Add bitmap or user preview to EPS file (Interchange, TIFF or Windows Metafile)
· Graphically select and show bounding box for EPS file.
· Extract bitmap preview or PostScript from DOS EPS file.
· Extract text or search for text.
· Can read gzip and bzip2 compressed PostScript and PDF files.
· On-line help.
· Win32, OS/2 and Linux/X11 executables. Older versions support Win16.
· Can be run directly off a CD-ROM.
· English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish and Swedish languages.
· Per user initialisation files for Windows.
· Includes setup program.
· Free (Aladdin Free Public Licence).
· Works with Ghostscript 7.04 - 9.99 (GSview checks the Ghostscript version number). There are older versions of GSview that will work with Ghostscript 4.03 - 7.00.
· Ghostscript 8.53 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes.