GXMame is a Gtk frontend for XMame.
Version: 0.35 beta2GXMame is a frontend for XMame using the GTK library, the goal is to provide the same GUI than mame32. For the moment it will just have the same gui, the final goal is to be able to share config files with Mame32k (or any version of mame32 that write config files instead of saving data into windows registry) allowing dual booter to have the same environment (favorite, timeplayed, last game selected, gui preference...) under windows and Linux.
Operating System: Linux
I wanted to learn GTK and have a decent frontend for xmame, gnomame didn't work on my computer and I didn't like other front end in Tk, so I decided to start this project, just after I discovered gRustibus, the very good front-end from Kjetil Thuen. I took this front end as a model for the creation of GXMame I'm not sure that I could have go so far and so quickly without this model.
Here are some key features of "GXMame":
· Detailed view
· Small icons view
· Indented view (shows clones games under the original one)
· Font color and size selectable
· Icons support, .ico files or a zipped archive from Mamu or Mame32QA
· Tools bar
· Folder(filter) panel
· Screenshot panel
· Display snapshots, Flyers, Marquees, Cabinets, Titles.
· Support of zipped pictures
· Display mameinfo and history
· Status bar
· Support of catver to sort games by version and categories
· Random game selection
· Quick check: only check if a romname.zip file exist in roms folder (also works with clones)
· Audit of all roms
· Window with the properties of all games
· Audit of a single game
· Popup menu to easily access to most used functions
· Preferences for games(global and specific)
· Joystick support (new 386 1.x.x linux driver only)
· Creation of gamelist from xmame
· Multiples executables support
· Scalable icons
· Additionnal options string
· Sortable columns (in any views)
· Sortable selectable columns order (in detail view)
· List view
· Large icons view
· and lot of others...
What's New in This Release:
· game options not overriding default options
· hotrod(se) options problem with old Xmame versions