Ibmonitor is an interactive Linux console application which shows bandwidth consumed on all interfaces.
Version: 1.4Ibmonitor is an interactive Linux console application which shows bandwidth consumed on all interfaces. This project is different from existing similar utilities in that it can show the values in Kbits/sec (Kbps) and Kbytes/sec (KBps) simultaneously. It also displays the total data transferred in KB/MB/GB dynamically shifting the unit to adjust available field width.Also there are command line switches which allow to choose whether to display maximum and average bandwidth.
Operating System: Linux
ibmonitor responds to certain key presses while running and can dynamically change its output display format.
Here are some key features of "InteractiveBandwidthMonitor":
· Shows received, transmitted and total bandwidth of each interface
· Calculates and displays the combined value of all interfaces
· Diplays total data transferred per interface in KB/MB/GB
· Values can be displayed in Kbits/sec(Kbps) and/or KBytes/sec(KBps)
· Can show maximum bandwidth consumed on each interface since start of utility
· Can show average bandwidth consumption on each interface since start of utility
· The output with all features (max, avg and display in Kbps and KBps) easily fits on a 80x24 console or xterm
· Can interactively change its output display format depending on key pressed by user.
What's New in This Release:
· The header text is now displayed immediately after starting