ipac is an IP accounting package for Linux.
Version: 1.10ipac is an IP accounting package for Linux.It collects, summarizes, and nicely displays IP accounting data. The output of ipac can be a simple ASCII table, an ASCII graph, or even images with graphs showing traffic progression.
Operating System: Linux
ipac is made of two scripts (shell and perl) and one C program:
- ipacset reads a configuration file and sets up ip accounting for the kernel using ipfwadm or ipchains
- fetchipac, executed from cron once in a while, reads the current ip accounting data assembled by the kernel and writes it to a new file
- ipacsum summarizes the data from a set of files and, optionally, replaces these files by one. It displays the values as a simple table containing the sums, as png graph pictures or as ascii graph pictures.
Here are some key features of "ipac":
· support for .png image generation with newer GD librarys (1.06)
· smaller changes and new features (see CHANGES) (1.06)
· rewrite of fetchipac in C and introducing of 'accuracy' to ipacsum (1.07)
· several bug fixes in ipacsum and fetchipac (1.08, 1.09)
What's New in This Release:
· added Suse rpm directory under contrib/
· ipacsum: --png-header-in-index option
· ipacsum: corrected documentation and behavior concerning --png-index
· ipacsum: --png-start, --png-end, --png-charset
· ipacsum: x axis labels are now aligned to month and year borders
· ipacsum: bug fix illegal division at line 1206/1185