Jorge project is a bibliography manager.
Version: 0.0.2Jorge project is a bibliography manager.
Operating System: Linux
It allows users to create literature databases and citation lists and export them to BibTeX or plain text formats.
Jorge is an OpenSource bibliography management software entirely written in Java. It will provide an free alternative to professional bibliography management software like EndNote©.
In the first step you will be able to create your own literature database. From this literature database you can create citation lists and export them to BibTeX or plain text formats. The database itself will be an XML-File as the saveable citation lists will be.
In a second step I try to implement an search interface to the Z39.50 protocol libraries. This is for to connect to public libraries via the ISO Z39.50 protocol. With this search you will be able to access a wide variety of libraries via the internet and import search results to your local database.
What's New in This Release:
· This is the first public Beta version.
· The first bunch of main functions are realised.
· One can start the program (wow!) which reads in an XML-Library-File.
· The Entries can be added and/or modified.
· On closing of the program the whole database gets saved back to the xml file.
· That's all for now....