Light Speed! project is an interactive relativistic simulator.
Version: 1Light Speed! project is an interactive relativistic simulator.
Operating System: Linux
Light Speed! is an OpenGL-based program which illustrates the effects of special relativity on the appearance of moving objects.
When an object accelerates past a few million meters per second, these effects begin to grow noticeable, becoming more and more pronounced as the speed of light is approached.
These relativistic effects are viewpoint-dependent, and include shifts in length, object hue, brightness and shape.
Here are some key features of "Light Speed":
· Real-time interactive viewing
· 3D object importer
· Snapshot exporter
· Special Relativity Scene (SRS) exporter
· Reference geometry
· Independent toggles for the four relativistic effects
· Numerical camera location + target readout and input
· Switchable background color
· A Unix/Linux workstation running the X Window System
· A fast CPU
· OpenGL or Mesa3D libraries
· GTK+ toolkit library