Linux ATI CPU HDD Control Daemon is able to reduce power consumption in a laptop by scaling back CPU, GPU and HDD.
Version: 0.4.6Linux ATI CPU HDD Control Daemon is able to reduce power consumption in a laptop by scaling back CPU, GPU (Radeon only), and HDD.
Operating System: Linux
It uses CPUFreq, ACPI, HDDTemp, and internal functions. It also checks for thermal overheating for the sake of laptop health.
Now implementing an app scheduling for running aplications when the laptop is on low cpu usage and AC connected. It's still necessary to recompile lach to set the programs to run.
Also i'm implementing a TCP daemon for non-root user's can change the CPU speed withou having to be root. This option will be disabled by default for security reasons, when it is 100% functional it will be added as default configuration.
The makefile now implements arquitecture compiler optimizations, see makefile before compile.
I've programmed this like a hobbie (who the hell has programming as an hobbie) so, if something isn't in the best way I realy thank people that mail me with ideas for some of the algorithms and functions implementations.
What's New in This Release:
· A little code cleanup in lach-scaling.c and lach-ati_scaling.c.
· Changes in show_status().
· A compiler change option.
· get_system_version() has been reworked, and is now get_system_config().
· A kernel /proc/config.gz configuration file.
· Changes in the readme, the -k option, and in hddtempd().
· The indentation has been changed to Kernighan and Ritchie.
· System error messages have been added in the panic routine.
· This release logs computer status on emergency shutdown for debugging.