Lizard is a tile-based graphical interface to NetHack and SlashEM.
Version: 1.3.0Lizard is a tile-based graphical interface to NetHack and SlashEM.
Operating System: Linux
Lizard is my own personalized variant of the newt interface. It always shares the latest newt codebase while adding a few of my own patches that increase user experience (in my opinion). Lizard is how I play NetHack or Slash'EM.
Additions to Lizard over tha vanilla NE.W.T:
· Dark rooms are a different tile to unexplored rooms. So exploring an area like the gnomish mines is much less painful.
· Passageways are shown. Passageways on the side of corridors are visible. Again this is a change that allows you to better judge which areas you have not yet explored.
· Line of sight, you now have a visible line of sight and are able to easily see which areas might have monsters that you cannot actually see.
· Brad's Pit, a minor patch of my own, for amusement value only
· Chess Moves, you can set the speed of monster movement as well as player movement. When set to walk each monster will move individually as if you were watching a move for move animated playback of a game of chess.
· All of the above mentioned changes work for the tty/console view as well.