McStas project is a general tool for simulating neutron scattering instruments.
Version: 1.9.1McStas project is a general tool for simulating neutron scattering instruments.
Operating System: Linux
McStas is a computer program (written in C) that enables you to model very precisely a neutron instrument described as a series of various components.
A source component shoots each neutron randomly (Monte-Carlo), and the particle is then propagated through the different instrument components.
These later act on the neutron characteristics (position, speed, direction, spin, etc.).
Usually, one installs some detectors along the neutron path to monitor its characteristics and flux.
What's New in This Release:
· Update release, mainly bugfixes plus a few other things
· Component manual slightly updated according to adding/modification of components.
· mcgui: A few bugfixes.
· DiskChopper.comp - new disc chopper component. Chopper.comp made obsolete. See mcdoc page / component manual for further details.
· Guide.comp - reads reflectivity tables from disk.
· Isotropic_Sqw - minor bugfixes, validated against PowerN, V_sample, etc.
· PowderN - validated against Isotropix_Sqw, Squires, experimental data.