Mercator Grid project is a real time strategy game using GIS data.
Version: 0.3_20050208Mercator Grid project is a real time strategy game using GIS data.
Operating System: Linux
Mercator Grid is a networked real-time strategy game that incorporates actual GIS map terrain and NATO map symbology (MIL-STD-2500B).
It can be configured to include several player roles, including fire team leaders and commanders.
What's New in This Release:
· Larger scale map: this really helps the playability of the game.
· Units are now much easier to command.
· The larger scale and the anti-aliasing really looks good even when close up.
· The roads are now wider and anti-aliased.
· This makes the roads look beter and makes it easier to command the units along roads.
· Rivers and Bridges: MG terrain now includes rivers.
· This adds significantly to the game's look and strategy dynamic.
· Commanders must now consider the rivers when planning their tactics.
· Good commanders will use the rivers to their advantage.