MidiComp is a program to manipulate SMF (Standard MIDI File) files.
Version: 0.0.1 20031129MidiComp is a program to manipulate SMF (Standard MIDI File) files. MidiComp will both read and write SMF files in 0 or format 1 and also read and write it's own plain text format.
Operating System: Linux
This means a SMF file can be turned into easily parseble text, edited with any text editor or filtered through any script language, and "recompiled" back into a binary SMF file.
Originally based on mf2t/t2fm by Piet van Oostrum and others. It should build on any linux simply by typing "make" in the source directory.
Command line argument usage:
- d --debug send any debug output to stderr
- v --verbose output in columns with notes on
- c --compile compile ascii input into SMF
- n --note note on/off value as note|octave
- t --time use absolute time instead of ticks
- fN --fold=N fold sysex data at N columns
To translate a SMF file to plain ascii format:
midicomp some.mid # to view as plain text
midicomp some.mid > some.asc # to create a text version
To translate a plain ascii formatted file to SMF:
midicomp -c some.asc some.mid # input and output filenames
midicomp -c some.mid < some.asc # input from stdin with one arg
midicomp some.mid | somefilter | midicomp -c some2.mid