MP3html is a utility for generating listings of MP3 files based on their ID3 tags and information.
Version: 1.3.8MP3html is a utility for generating listings of MP3 files based on their ID3 tags and information such as bitrate, duration, and file size. Because it makes use of template files and is script-friendly, it can easily be used to create just about any kind of list you can think of. It's most common use is creating HTML lists for peoples' web pages (thus it's name).
Operating System: Linux
Originally, it was just a hacked together interface for some ID3 routines I coded because I was bored, but since then it has evolved into something that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a useful program.Of course, because it's flexible, it can be used for anything from creating playlists to making SQL databases.
If I may take some time to toot my own horn, I have to say that MP3html is pretty freakin' awesome. I've been able to use it to do so many kinds of MP3 manipulations I never dreamed of that it's frightening. I've started writing scripts so you can duplicate other programs (like id3ren) with it and now that I've added preset templates, the possibilities are nearly endless. If only I could get sorting to work....
As of the release of 1.3.0, MP3html is undergoing heavy testing and development. All the code from 1.2.4 has been deleted and I started over again with the goals of better performance and more configurability. I'm happy to say that I've achieved both goals. Once I get the 1.3.X series stabilized and all the features added, I will release version 2.0.0 and stop active development for awhile so I can concentrate on redoing my web pages and working on some other programming projects.
MP3html works by reading information from MP3s files and then using templates containg codes like '$FILENAME' and '$ARTIST' to create configurable lists of MP3s. This section should show you how to use it. For information about the tags that go in the template files, check out the file 'TAGS'.
What's New in This Release:
· fixed segfaults with footers and headers in presets (hopefully)
· removed those neat error messages for fopen/malloc/realloc in favor of ones which were actually useful and small
· fixed error in llist.c/ll_delete_list() that would cause segfaults if there was only one file specified
· once again, patched to properly calculate song times - fixed problem with long ID3v2 tags so everything *should* work fine
· added "-m --middle-text" which is the exact same as the "-t --template" option. In reality, -t should have been -m but I'm leaving it in for backwards compatibility.