nautilus-share is a Nautilus extension that allows you to easily share folders without root access.
Version: 0.7.0nautilus-share is a Nautilus extension that allows you to easily share folders without root access.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "nautilus share":
· Easy to use: Only simple choice to make:
· A name for the share
· Read only or Read/write
· Quick and integrated in nautilus: no need to look for a separate application in a sub menu:
· Right-click on a folder
· Choose the "Share" entry
· Check the checkbutton, and you are done!
· No need to be root: you can share your own folders without asking for any root password. It uses the same technology (dbus (http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/dbus)), as many new softwares with the goals of project Utopia: NetworkManager (http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/), gnome-volume-manager (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gnome-volume-manager/), etc.
· Share with all other operating system: using samba as its backend, your shares are accessible to Windows and Mac users.
· Instant Apply: Your changes are applyed as soon as you change something (name, read/write, etc).
· Check share name as you type: If the share name that you choose is already used or forbidden, you see it immediately as you typed it.
· Know what you share: Nautilus put a nice palm on the folder that you share, no need to start a separate application to check it.
· You see if the share name is already in used by someone else : Visual indicator if the sharename is too long or not valid.
· You don't have to unshare the folder before deleting it : Automatically unshare deleted folders
It can speak your language : Internationalization (see contributors)
· English (v0.5)
· French (v0.6)
· Polish (v0.6.x)
· German (v0.6.x)
· Finnish (v0.6.4)
· Brazil (v0.6.4)
· Italian (v0.6.4)
contributions for other languages are welcomed!
It looks better than ever : It tries to follow gnome HIG as close as possible.