openSUSE Education is a Linux distribution created with the goal to support schools using openSUSE.
Version: 1.0 RC2openSUSE Education is a Linux distribution created with the goal to support schools using openSUSE, create and describe additional software-packages for educational projects and create an "add-on" CD for the regular openSUSE distribution. As this is a community driven project, we need you and your help to bring openSUSE into the schools.
Operating System: Linux
As a community driven project, everyone is invited to join and help us. This project is not meant to in any way create a duplication of effort to what is already on openSUSE, but rather to enhance it more for Educators and Technologists.
What's New in This Release:
· all KDE4 packages are updated to 4.0.3
· For the first time, we've LTSP 5 packages (and a pattern)! Many thanks to cyberorg and kiw: now you can easily install a n openSUSE terminalserver!
· NetBeans 6.0.1 was added
· Gambas2 and Tipp10 as well
· With Phun we now have a funny 2D physics sandbox
· and with k3dsurf a program to visualize and manipulate Mathematical models in three, four, five and six dimensions.
· iTALC was updated to 1.0.7 and adapted to integrate better in openSUSE
· with wine-doors it should be much easier to install Windows Software on openSUSE
· tuxpaint (incl. tuxpaint-config and tuxpaint-stamps) made an update leap
Additional packages with new versions: