phpGraphy is a free photo gallery PHP script released under GPL license.
Version: 0.9.13aphpGraphy is a free photo gallery PHP script released under GPL license. Since its beginning, it has been written with simplicity and efficiency in mind following the KISS philosophy.
Operating System: Linux
It should fit many needs, thanks to it's easy installation process, it can be setup in less than 3 min to put a small photo gallery online.
For users with thousands of pictures, don't worry as phpGraphy does use a real directory tree to store the pictures (as you probably already have on your hard-drive), you'll just have to upload your whole picture collection et voila, phpGraphy will generate the thumbnails and low-resolution pictures for you and even better, it can also auto-import IPTC description in the database (if already embeded in your pictures).
phpGraphy project integrates a bunch of nice features like comments, rating, EXIF/IPTC handling.
Here are some key features of "phpGraphy":
· On-the-fly Thumbnail/Low resolution picture generation
· Unlimited Categories and Sub-categories (it uses directories)
· Integrated fast text database mode (MySQL also supported if prefeered)
· Users comments
· Rating system
· Web/FTP picture upload
· Top Rated/Last Commented pictures pages
· User level support to protect pictures/directories from unwanted people
· EXIF/IPTC metadata support (hot!)
· Multilingual support (English/French/German/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Russian/Hebrew)
· Web interface management
· Lossless jpeg rotation support (via exiftran/jpegtran)
· Video, sound and text files support
· Layout/Text very easy to change
· W3C compliant XHTML 1.1 Compliant CSS 2.0 Compliant (visitor interface only)
· Highly configurable
· Free (under GPL license)
· A webserver with PHP 4.1.0 or greater (PHP 4.3.x recommended to get full functionnality)
· convert utility from ImageMagick if your PHP configuration doesn't support the use of GD (used for automatic thumbnail/lowres picture generation)
· MySQL if you prefeer using it instead of the default fast text database
· exiftran or jpegtran for the lossless jpeg rotation
What's New in This Release:
· A serious security hole related to a flaw in PHP itself has been fixed.
· Users are advised to upgrade their version of PHP and/or phpGraphy ASAP.