Pim Pam PONG is a PONG clone with a new look and in future versions, new interesting features.
Version: 0.9.1Pim Pam PONG is a PONG clone with a new look and in future versions, new interesting features.
Operating System: Linux
Pim Pam PONG is a clone of the original PONG developed in the 70's. Pim Pam PONG has been developed using the SDL libraries: SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, and SDL_ttf.
This permits the portability of the game to some systems and machines. It uses the NNG Engine (New Neopontec Gaming Engine) developed by Hector Blanco (me) that uses the mentioned SDL Libraries.
The game concept is the same as the original. You have the control of one bar that can move up or down in the screen, and the CPU controles the other bar.
A ball is launched in a random direction, and you must score in the other part of the screen. Is similiar to Tennis and Pim Pong.
Here are some key features of "Pim Pam PONG":
· 800x600 resolution at 32 bits.
· Low machine requirements.
· Easy and addictive playing experience.
· Cross-platform open source game: (binaries for Win32 & Linux, and sources for other systems).
· In future versions, more features will be added.
· SDL_ttf for compiling and playing the game in Linux
What's New in This Release:
· Update of the SDL_ttf library to version 2 for building and running the game.
· The ball has more horizontal speed than vertical.
· The gameplay is more quick.
· With these gameplay changes, the enemy AI rewrite is no longer needed.
· Some optimizations made.
· Added a simple 'Game Over' screen.
· The game ends when the sum of the two player's score reaches 10 points.
· Minor interface fixes.