Samba TNG is a SMB fileserver that concentrates on NT RPC and PDC functionality.
Version: 0.4.99Samba TNG is another SMB server for Unix-like operating systems. This software is concentrating on MSRPC interoperatability with Windows NT, 2000, XP, and 2003.
Operating System: Linux
It provides PDC support and tools to remotely administer NT servers and workstations. Note that Samba TNG is currently in a beta stage. If you need advanced file/print serving capabilities, you should opt for Samba classic.
What's New in This Release:
· As with release 0.4, we highly recommend a working iconv library.
· Iconv is bundled with some C libraries - notably GNU libc - and shipped with almost all
· Linux systems, and some Unix systems.
· If your system does not have an iconv library, or (like Solaris) only has a limited one, we highly recommend installing the GNU libiconv, which you can find at http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/ .
· Samba-TNG will still compile and run with its own iconv stubs, but this probably will not handle international character sets well, if at all.