schemon is a Scheme interpreter for Python.
Version: 0.1.0Schemon is a scheme interpreter for Python programs. It is extensible and requires no explicit type checking for conversion between Scheme and Python types. It is fully R5Rs compliant.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "schemon":
· Easy extending with python code. No typechecking is required (done by name mangling, see manual), and you do not have to add any new functions to any environment lists, they are added by introspection.
· Full R5RS support, including macros (only decimal integers supported)
· Better command-line environment including tab-completion
· First class hygienic macros
· Advanced type system for use when embedding scheme code in python
· Not all functions are defined in python, so some scheme functions are only availible from scheme (due to implementation details).
· Functions and lambda expressions are not analyzed beforehand, so they will not run at optimum speed. However, as we are running in python anyway, I did not view speed as a good excuse to add more complexity.