smf-sav is a lightweight, fast and reliable Sendmail milter that implements a real-time Sender e-Mail Address Verification.
Version: 1.4.0smf-sav is a lightweight, fast and reliable Sendmail milter that implements a real-time Sender e-Mail Address Verification technology. This technology can stop some kind of SPAM with a spoofed sender's e-Mail address.
Operating System: Linux
Also it implements a real-time Recipient e-Mail Address Verification technology. It can be useful if your machine is a backup MX for the recipient's domain or if your machine forwards all e-Mail messages for your domain to another (presumably internal) e-Mail server. Sendmail Sender Address Validator is written in C.
Here are some key features of "Sendmail Sender Address Validator":
· friendly hosts/networks whitelist;
· SMTP AUTH support;
· strictly RFC-2821 compliant MX callback engine;
· tolerance against non RFC-2821 compliant e-Mail servers;
· blocking of e-Mail messages with a spoofed sender's e-Mail address;
· recipient's e-Mail address verification with an authoritative e-Mail store in gateway mode;
· slow down of recipient's e-Mail address brute force attacks in gateway mode.
What's New in This Release:
· Whitelisting by a PTR (reverse DNS) record was implemented.
· Whitelisting by an envelope recipient email address was implemented.
· The option to ignore tempfailed results of SAV was implemented.
· The option to refuse email messages from systems that don't accept the null reverse-path was implemented.
· Tempfail and fail results TTL settings were segregated.
· Progressive slowdown of brute force attacks on a recipient's email address was implemented.