smbfax is sends a fax to a Samba print share without any Win32 client software.
Version: 1.5smbfax is a Unix server which allows you to print via Samba from a Windows client to a hylafax-controlled faxmodem on your server without any additional Win32 software for the client.
License: Artistic License
Operating System: Linux
It's as easy as File->Print from an application, choose the network fax printer, then check your email's INBOX. You can also view and delete jobs via the standard Windows methods.
Here are some key features of "smbfax":
· Allows users to "print" a document to a network printer. The Samba server then sends the document to smbfax, which prepares it and sends an e-mail to the owner inviting her to complete the fax via a web interface. The user then clicks on the provided link, fills in the fax information (recipient, comment, coverpage options, etc.) and clicks on the "send" button.
· Allows users to manage the send (outgoing) fax queue using the standard Windows method of managing print jobs (you can even select your own jobs and kill them with the delete key)
· You *don't* need to install any client software at all; no need to upgrade WINSOCK.DLL to the latest version or have some systray app running to intercept print jobs. You don't have to use any special drag-and-drop software or e-mail/web gateways with confusing attachments.
· We've been running it for a (little) while here without any problems, it works just great;
· It's as easy as Print => Check Email
· Perl 5.004 or better (Plus some modules)
· Apache or any other CGI-BIN webserver
· A good POSIX system (tested under linux-2.2.16)