Solid PBX is a multi-platform Soft Switch Class 5 software targeted for home, corporate, and operator level markets.
Version: 20060616Solid PBX project is a multi-platform Soft Switch Class 5 software targeted for home, corporate, and operator level markets.
Operating System: Linux
First, be sure you've got supported hardware (but note that you don't need ANY special hardware, not even a soundcard) to install and run Solid PBX.
Supported telephony hardware includes:
· All Wildcard (tm) products from Digium (www.digium.com)
· QuickNet Internet PhoneJack and LineJack (http://www.quicknet.net)
· any full duplex sound card supported by ALSA or OSS
· any ISDN card supported by mISDN on Linux (BRI)
· The Xorcom AstriBank channel bank
· VoiceTronix OpenLine products
The are several drivers for ISDN BRI cards available from third party sources. Check the voip-info.org wiki for more information on chan_capi and zaphfc.
What's New in This Release:
· Sound files and music on hold files supplied for use with Solid PBX have been replaced with new versions, and are available in two languages (English and French) and in five formats (WAV (uncompressed), mu-Law, a-Law, GSM, and G.729).
· In addition, the music on hold files provided by FreePlay Music are now available in the same five formats, but no longer available in MP3 format.