Tiny Report is a database reporting tool and report generator like Crystal Reports.
Version: 0.9Tiny Report is a free software that helps you to Design, Manage, and Deliver Reports for Extreme Business Insight.
Operating System: Linux
It simply automates to production of dynamic PDFs. It allows you to design your templates in OpenOffice.
Here are some key features of "Tiny Report":
· Design your .SXW fie in OpenOffice,
· Use tiny_sxw2rml.py to convert the file in a .RML template,
· Use tiny_report.py to produce PDF file using any database.
· The report designer used is OpenOffice. All styles, tags and features of OpenOffice documents (.SXW) are implemented instead frames.
· No specific language to learn,
· Support style, colors, table, section, items, images, ...
· OpenOffice is not needed to render the PDF
· Support python expressions for effective computation,
· Browse through table with the object relationnal mapping,
· You do not have to code the database structure (introspection on the DB),
· You can create your own object and functions
· Lots of databases supported: MySQL, Postgres, SQLite, Firebird, SybaseConnection, MAX DB
· Support all links between tables (one2many, many2one, ...),
· Lots of special features using simple Python: group, sort.
· Fast, simple and easy,
· Standalone to be included in other applications.