Traylook provides unobtrusive notifications of your arriving email, using a colorful MSN-style popup window. You can quickly glance at the incoming messages as they scroll by one at a time.
Version: 1.5.0In busy office environments, where inter-office email is the primary source of collaboration, keeping up with and tending to the latest email can become very distracting.
License: Free To Try $9.99
Operating System: Windows
Microsoft's standard Outlook features provide notifications of new email by playing a sound and placing an icon in the system tray. Most users create rules to filter incoming email messages and route them to other folders. These messages usually do not need immediate attention. The problem is that the Outlooks new mail notification sound has already been played, and the notification icon is placed in the system tray. A user then activates the Outlook application to find that the new mail was all routed to specific folders, and there were no messages that needed to be reviewed at that time. Not only is this distracting, but this wastes time.
Traylook helps by providing unobtrusive notifications of your arriving email, only providing notifications to messages that actually remain in your inbox. You can quickly glance at the incoming messages as they scroll by one at a time. Email that has been marked with high importance will be highlighted in red. If you wish to see the details of a particular message, just click on the hyperlinked text and it will open that particular message.
- Integrates directly with Outlook 2000/2002.
- Traylook settings are configured conveniently within Outlook's Options window.
- Create your own colorful popup notification windows similar to MSN popups.
- Traylook's popup notification window can be configured to display in multiple convenient locations on your windows desktop.
- User selectable sounds to accompany the notifications.
- Outlook's standard tray icon is replaced with Traylook's more informative color-coded icon.
- New mail messages cycle automatically in popup windows.
- Important email messages are highlighted in red.
- Read email directly by clicking links in the notification popup window.