Java Servlet and JSP Platform
Version: 2009.02-hardy-x86Tomcat is a servlet container that implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run in. Tomcat powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations.
Operating System: Linux
This appliance configures Tomcat as a standalone application server (I.e., without an external web server). A Tomcat on Apache Appliance is also available for integrations requiring a fully-featured web server.
The TurnKey Tomcat Live CD appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery).
- Tomcat and Java configurations:
- Configured Tomcat admin/manager roles and admin user.
- Configured Tomcat HTTP connector to bind to port 80 (default: 8180).
- Configured SSL port to bind to port 443 (default: 8443).
- Disabled AJP connector on port 8009 (security).
- Tomcat and Java environment variables configuration system wide.
- Webmin, SSH: username root, no password:
- user sets password during installation
- username admin, password turnkey