VyQChat is a serverless chat software for small home and office networks that runs on GNU Linux.
Version: 0.2.8VyQChat is a real-time, text-based, serverless chat program dedicated to LANs, that runs on Linux using Qt/X11 library.
Operating System: Linux
It is almost 100% compatible with Vypress Chat(TM) for Windows. It allows you to chat with friends on public or private channels, send and recieve messages etc.
The GUI is meant to be user-friendly and lets you to do most things with mouse. There is also optional sound support. VyQChat has been written in C++ and requires Qt library, version 3.x.
Here are some key features of "VyQChat":
· UDP based protocol -- no server required
· Support for multicast (planned)
· Almost full support for VypressChat 1.9.x protocol
· Easy to use GUI
· Support for systray
· Easy to configure -- tries to guess your local network IP address
· Sound support through arts, libao, PC Speaker and external command
· Support for executing arbitrary scripts for certain chat events
· Commands and chat history, accessible with up/down keys and history window
· File transfers
· Remote file execution
· RSA keys and digital signatures introduced in VypressChat 1.9.5
· Bulletin Board, introduced in VypressChat 1.9.5
· Multicast (almost ready but not working for unknown reasons, so it is disabled for now
What's New in This Release:
· a presence notify packet is sent to the requester only, not to all; this should stop flood alerts.
· a bug with zombie processes in libao and arts support was fixed
· a memory leak on the 'play' command and external scripts execution was fixed
· the autoconf script was updated with the latest version of the bnv_have_qt macro