w98podfetch is a script that uses an XML configuration file to retrieve new podcast files from feeds you have subscribed to.
Version: 0.61w98podfetch is a script that uses an XML configuration file to retrieve new podcast files from feeds you have subscribed to.
License: Public Domain
Operating System: Linux
Each subscription is listed in the main configuration file, and the script can set limitations such as "don't download more than 50MB from this feed" or "download a maximum of 5 files from this feed" either globally or on individual feeds.
Here are some key features of "w98podfetch":
· XML based configuration for easy setup
· customizable features for each podcast such as downloading files in publication order from oldest-to-newest or newest-to-oldest, and whether to adhere to download limits such as downloading no more than 5 files from this podcast at a time, or 25MB from that podcast at a time.
· README.txt file to describe the application, configuration and requirements
· sample configuration is included with a few of my favorite podcasts
· Perl 5.6 or better
What's New in This Release:
· This version includes minor bugfixes, a new feature for downloading a single podcast from the entire configuration, and a --debug option for more verbose output.
· A changelog.txt file is now included along with information in the readme.txt file about one user's experience getting the script to run as a Windows service.