smf-zombie is a Sendmail milter for SPAM/virus filtration from zombie computers.
Version: 1.2.1smf-zombie is a Sendmail milter for SPAM/virus filtration from zombie computers.
Operating System: Linux
Today is more than 70-80% of SPAM and viruses going from infected Windows computers around the world.
This milter aims to be lightweight, reliable and simple. Zombie SPAM blocker is written in C.
Here are some key features of "Zombie SPAM blocker":
· It has a hosts/networks whitelist;
· It can scan messages less than a defined size only;
· It can block the most of SPAM/virus engines (up to 80-85% of them);
· It can check the sender IP address with the most reliable zombie RBL - cbl.abuseat.org;
· It can safely reject "alien" bounce messages without RFC violating;
· It can reject messages for undisclosed recipients;
· It can reject harmful attachments to prevent viruses from spreading;
· It can log all milter activities through the syslog service.
· Small code;
· Fast work;
· Stability (production quality);
· Few system resources are required.
What's New in This Release:
· A workaround for the Sendmail socket unsafe error on some platforms was implemented.
· A bug with the greeting pause code under FreeBSD was fixed.
· Configuration file, default user, and working directory were changed.
· The format of log records was changed.
· Some samples of start-up scripts were added.
· New TODO tasks were added.
· Cosmetic enhancements were made.