Anagnostis is a special purpose OCR, designed to meed the needs of people that work with classical text in ancient greek. Anagnostis offers related functionalities like training on ancient greek fonts, pick lists of accented characters etc
Version: 4.1ideatech has developed the "Anagnostis" series of products, the unique ancient and mordern Greek OCRs with a poweful recognition engine that has been adopted by many prominent organizations in Greece and abroad.
Operating System: Windows
The main features of Anagnostis are: Recognizes multi-font text in various sizes and attributes (Bold, Italics etc.).
- Recognizes modern Greek text containing Latin words, ancient Greek text (preserving all accents and breathing marks), as well as English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and multilingual text.
- May be trained to new fonts by the user.
- Recognition speed averages to 10 seconds for an A4 page containing 3000 characters (Pentium 300 CPU).
- Is almost error-free.
- In normal quality pages accuracy rate exceeds 99, 5%.
- Handles up to A3 size pages, processing the whole page or user-defined areas.
- Automatically separates text from graphics and decolumnizes a multi-column text.
- Outputs text in a variety of most popular word-processing formats.
- Outputs text in tabular form.
- Incorporates a Unicode text editor for fast processing of the recognized text.
- Imports TIFF images generated by any flat-bed, roller-bed or hand-held scanner.
- Stores TIFF images in compressed format.
- Also supports BMP, PCX and GIF image formats.
- Fully compatible with the TWAIN data transfer protocol, enabling image capturing from virtually any available scanner model.
- Supports document templates, parametric recognition areas and batch scanning and recognition (Pro versions).
Version 4.1: Support for Windows XP WIA