Aston2 Menu opens the new line of Aston2 products. It completely replaces regular start menu and can be customized and filled with different widgets. Aston2 Menu is skinnable, supports animation, has flexible configuration and is very convenient.
Version: 1.6.1Aston2 Menu opens the new line of Aston2 products, which turn your desktop into a yet more convenient and attractive environment. Aston2 is developed on an absolutely new engine, created from scratch.
License: Free To Try $19.95
Operating System: Windows
Aston2 product line includes three basic products:
- Aston2 Menu, which replaces the regular Windows start menu.
- Aston2 Panels, which can replace Windows taskbar and yet enhance the shell functionality.
- Aston2 Desktop, which replaces Windows Explorer desktop and can be filled with any Aston 2 widgets and icons.
Thus, complete Aston2 SHELL can be considered the combination of all the above components. But which of them to use is entirely up to end-user's choice.
Aston 2 Menu features:
- Themes and skins support. Aston2 settings are split into two parts
- theme settings and private settings. All Aston2 widgets are skinnable: you can change the skin of any element;
- Widgets support (This demo version contains the following default widgets: Clock, Calendar, Recycle bin, Disks, Power control, Search, Toplist, Username, Weather and Uninstall). Widgets can be built into the desktop, panels or popup menus;
- Fast and convenient search for the files on the local disks and for the information in the Internet;
- Flexible configuration. Every element of the menu can be tweaked and customized, thus letting one to create yet more convenient working area. The same concerns Aston 2 Panels and Aston 2 Desktop as well;
- Animation support in every aspect of Aston2: smooth widgets opening and moving, animated wallpaper, animated icons and other elements of skinned widgets;
- Aston2 Menu can be used both in Aston1 shell (staring from 1.9.5 version) and in Explorer shell.
- Drag'n'Drop operations support, user friendly interface;
- Unicode support;
- XML standard, used for all the parameters setup;
- language support;
- ins support.
There are a lot planned features for the future Aston2 Menu release.
Version 1.6.1: In this version new functional keypresses are added. Also now calendar can optionally show events with certain level of importance.
Version 1.6.0: Added new X-mas theme Added new widget "RSS reader" Added 3D task switching(flip3D) option for XP *Fixed several bugs
Version 1.5.0: Added new Calendar application "Events manager" Added new widget "Notebook" Added new widget "Language bar indicator" *Improved 3D objects rendering *Fixed several bugs that made their way to previous release
Version 1.4.2: Windows 7 RC support Added new visual effects Ability to disable icon frames on desktop * Minor bug fixes
Version 1.3.1: *Several minor bugfixes and improvement
Version 1.3: Ability to edit Main Menu elements Ability to setup Toplist elements Enhanced functionality of all the widgets Various GUI improvements * Improved compatibility with multimonitor systems * Improved compatibility with Windows Vista * Fixed several bugs
Version 1.1: - Sound support - Menu speed is significantly increased - Highlighted item behavior is altered - Several fixed bugs in the menu and widgets