AVIRA Antivirus for WebGate reliably secures plain HTTP and FTP connections, by scanning, filtering and blocking the access to all unwanted programs and viruses from the Internet. It checks emails, downloads, attachments and webmail accounts.
Version: v.1AVIRA Antivirus for WebGate is a dedicated security solution, that acts as a web proxy, scanning the entire HTTP and FTP traffic, and keeping you protected from malware and unwanted programs.
License: Commercial $106.00
Operating System: Linux
Main features of AVIRA WebGate:
- Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., AVIRA detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- Enhanced antivirus protection against complex threats, ensuring an immediate outbreak response
- Webmail scanning: increased protection for your web-based mailbox, by scanning the plain HTTP and FTP incoming and outgoing traffic
- Improved security for data transfer by scanning both inbound and outbound non-encrypted traffic. This means that you are not only protecting your network against Internet-based malware, but also making sure that an inbound infection does not reach the Internet
- Automatic internet update module, that checks for updates and installs them when any become available
- Extended in-depth scanning, supporting customizable recursive scanning level
- Timeout function, permanently checking for inactive connections and closing them automatically after a predefined interval
- Complex notification and reporting features
- Professional services: the AVIRA license entitles you to an entire year of free virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
The integration of AVIRA WebGate does not require any significant change in the configuration of the existent proxy server or currently used browser. It cooperates with the proxy server and completes its security function in an ideal way..
AVIRA Antivirus for WebGate supports Linux Distributions with 2.2 Kernel version or higher.
- The Installation Kit comes fully featured. By default, the Update Service is disabled after the 30-days evaluation period.
- To further benefit of Update Service you may acquire the appropriate commercial license