DarwinPorts makes the world of open source software available to your Mac.
Version: 1.2DarwinPorts makes the world of open source software available to your Mac. There are over 3000 software titles ("ports"), each one installable with a single command.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
This is probably the biggest, most up to date open source software collection for Mac OS X. DarwinPorts works much like the ports collections of the major BSD operating systems.
What's New in This Release:
· The syntax of port(1) was enhanced.
· Space is now saved by compressing all man pages automatically.
· It is now possible to install multiple ports with one command.
· New meta-groups for executing commands on were implemented.
· launchd is now used on 10.4 (SystemStarter on 10.3).
· Help is now more easily available.
· Portfiles can now be edited directly via port(1).
· Disk images are available for 10.3 and 10.4.