PhotoDirectory project is a cross platform (Java) application to organize digital images.
Version: 0.7.6 BetaPhotoDirectory project is a cross platform (Java) application to organize digital images. Great effort has been given to keeping these pictures in an order accessible without the need for any organization software - no databases are required.
Operating System: Linux
PhotoDirectory was written using Java version 1.5 (commonly called 5.0 for some reason or another). You cannot run it on anything less than this. Depending on your system, you may need to explicitly state which Java VM to use. If you use Macintosh OS X, I include an application package that does everything for you. If you don't use OS X, now is a great time to try.
Here are some key features of "Photo Directory":
· Multithreaded IO intensive operations
· Functional menus (Import, Move, etc)
· Quick Searching for pictures within the library
· Details view with zoom
· Edit images in external application (currently just for OS X - uses /Applications/GraphicConverter, but soon will be a user configurable option)
· Java 1.5
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed an export bug which prevented multiple photos of the same name to be exported
· Implemented user-configurable external apps (for rotate, open in external, etc)