struts timeEntry is a self training application that developers can use while learning Apache's Struts framework.
Version: 0.2bstruts timeEntry project is a self training application that developers can use while learning Apache's Struts framework. Often when learning a new language, library or framework, developers find that the example code they are presented with is acedemic and "best case".
Operating System: Linux
They find it difficult to locate real-world case studies in which the language, library or framework have been put into practice.
struts timeEntry stives to be a real-world application that utilizes the struts framework fully. Some project goals include:
· keep all source open
· document the code and explain what/when/why
· keep the application useful in real life
· maintain use of contemporary techniques/technologies
The list of technologies used in this project presently include:
· Sun Microsystem's Java EE 5
· Apache's Struts framework
· Apache's Tomcat servlet container
· MySQL's database server
· MySQL's JDBC connector
· Bruno Lowagie & Paulo Soares' itext pdf generation library
· GNU's GIMP image manipulation program
· The Eclipse IDE
What's New in This Release:
· The timeEntryAdmin administration module was added.
· Numerous bugs in the timeEntry client module were revolved.
· Data integrity indexes were added to the database.
· The graphics were updated.