VCG TriMeshInfo is a tool designed to inspect 3D models and retrieve many types of topological and geometrical information.
Version: 1.2VCG TriMeshInfo is a tool designed to inspect 3D models and retrieve many types of topological and geometrical information from them.
Operating System: Linux
It can be used to automate the process of decoding 3D mesh inherent properties and ease data classification and retrieval.
For each analyzed dataset, the following data are extracted:
· Number of Vertices (Unreferenced vertices are listed separately)
· Number of Faces
· Number of Edges
· Number of Connected Components
· Number of Boundaries
· Number of Isolated Vertices (i.e. Unreferenced)
· Genus (Computed only for Manifold Datasets)
· Regularity (We consider as regular those meshes generated through regular subdivision. Each non boundary vertex of a regular mesh has 6 incident edges, if there are only 5 incident edges the mesh is said to be semi-regular, irregular in all other cases)
· Number of Duplicated Vertices
· Self-Intersection (Currently computed only for Datasets with less than 3M faces)
What's New in This Release:
· This release included a major rewrite of the core component for computing geometrical and topological features of the analyzed mesh.
· Important changes included speeded up self-intersection tests, more robust (and correct) computation of topological genus and volume, and more flexible output with an HTML output option.