OpenWindows Augmented Compatibility Environment makes it possible to use the older OpenWindows Deskset environment on Solaris.
Version: 1.0b5/200804221904OpenWindows Augmented Compatibility Environment (OWacomp) makes it possible to use the older OpenWindows Deskset environment on Solaris 9 and 10. OpenWindows Augmented Compatibility Environment is also useful for people that need to compile XView, OLIT, or DevGuide applications.
License: SUN Binary Code License
Operating System: Linux
If you are using Solaris 9 or Solaris 10 and you are missing the older OpenWindows Deskset environment, then these packages are for you! If you need to compile XView/OLIT/DevGuide applications on either Solaris 9 or Solaris 10 then these packages may be of some help as well.
· Solaris 9 for Sparc and i86pc.
· Solaris 10 for Sparc and i86pc.
What is included:
OWacomp is mostly a re-packaged version of:
· Solaris 8 OpenWindows SUNWol binary packages and patches.
· Extra XView tools used by the author over the years and that others might be interested in. (olvwm, dumptool, disktool, rootmenu, etc..). Suggestions are welcomed if you'd like to see this list expanded.
What is not included:
· The source code to the original OpenWindows binaries is (c) SUN Microsystems Inc. and is not available. Please note that the author never had access to that source code and as such the rebuilt packages are only what they are: rebuilds of packages consisting of packaged binaries built by SUN Microsystems Inc.
· The source code to some of these applications (dumptool, rootmenu) is under NDA with the author and will not be provided.
· The source code to the other applications (xvset, olvwm, pantool, disktool, etc...) is available in the SUNWolsrc package. (Release 1.0b3)
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds back types.xdr (ToolTalk).