The only image viewer you need. Small, very fast, highly tuned code. Clean user interface - zero screen space wasted. Index feature with very fast thumbnail-icon creation. x64 version. Multi-core and SIMD support. Freeware & Open Source!
Version: 9.2Image Eye is a fast - and free - image viewer with a nice clean user interface.
Operating System: Windows
- The only image viewer you need for viewing and browsing images.
- Clean with no unnecessary menus and toolbars wasting desktop space.
- Uncompromising image quality.
- Small and very fast, highly tuned code.
- Reads all common image file formats.
- Image index feature with very fast thumbnail-icon creation.
- Rotate, mirror, zoom, pan, adjust contrast, brightness, sharpness, hue, saturation, gamma, ...
- Adjustments can be saved non-destructively (and reapplied next time you open it).
- It does not attempt to be a half-baked editor, format converter, or media player.
- It does include a simple slide show scripting language.
- Translated to several languages.
- Freeware and Open Source!
Features for the tech-nerds:
- Deep color & HDR support (up to 32-bit floating point / color component).
- High quality dithering for superior display of high bit-depth images.
- Asynchronous file I/O allows decompression to start before file read finish.
- Speculative decoding & caching of images in the background.
- Data parallelism exploitation with SSE/SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 SIMD vector-instructions.
- Task parallelism exploitation through extensive multi-core support.
- Hand tuned code optimizations for critical code paths.
- High quality resampling (image resizing) using Catmull-Rom interpolation.
- Extensive text meta data support.
- Native x64 (64-bit) and x86 (32-bit) versions.
Version 9.2: New in v9.2: Support for Google WebP format. Multi-monitor and high-dpi display improvements.
Version 9.1: New in v9.1: Open Source, 40% faster jpeg-decoding, auto-background color option, and more.
Version 9.0: New in v9.0: 64-bit native version, support for deep color and HDR image viewing.
Version 8.0: New in v8.0: Multi-core support, improved SSE2 and new SSSE3 SIMD instruction support, enhancements for Windows 7 & Vista, window transparency and glass effects, Unicode and better text meta data support, and much more!
Version 7.4: New in v7.4: Support for SSE2 instructions makes it even faster than before!
Version 7.2: New in v7.2: Save index to bitmap function, and more.
Version 7.1: New v7.1: Image adjustments are now non-destructive, and they can be saved an automatically re-applied the next time an image is opened. Plus more news!